Thursday, February 14, 2013

Top Talent Thursday




Welcome back to Our Creative Corner.
Happy Valentines Day, and for those who celebrate, I hope you have received some love in the form of Chocolates or Flowers.
It is with utmost pleasure that I present to you this Thursday all the way from USA, a lady who has just started up a Blog and is a little apprehensive of moving into the unknown here at Top Talent Thursday.
When she was informed of her win for the “Shabby Chic” Challenge, I don’t think she quite believed it, but when you view her card you will understand why she was successful, as her work is just delightful.
So please welcome and encourage our Guest and ‘Top Talent’ this Valentines Day;
It is my pleasure that I introduce;

Steph- Perry Papercrafts.

Let us learn a little bit about her.
1.) Where do you live?
My husband and I live in Sherwood, Oregon, which is just south of Portland.  We are fortunate that most of our family is within a days travel in the Pacific Northwest.

2.) Do you enjoy 'stepping out' of your comfort zone? If so why?
I love learning new techniques, but I don't always feel brave enough to jump in on my own without something visual to go by.  I like best to attend a workshop or class, or using a step by step visual tutorial to learn and try something new.

3.) Do you work on more than one piece at a time?
I always have lots of ideas for projects rolling around in my head, but when I sit down to work on something I usually like to finish it before moving on to the next one.    

4.) Describe yourself in five words?
Friendly, optimistic, curious, affectionate, and totally addicted to stamping (can that count as one word??).
(Um ….No,I don’t think so but who cares!)

5.) What techniques or routine do you employ to inspire yourself?  
I have numerous blogs I view routinely to get inspiration, including Our Creative Corner.  I love the daily challenges at Splitcoast Stampers and try to view the latest trends at Moxie Fab World.  I'm not a trend follower, per se, I just like to see what is new.  Having been a card maker/paper crafter for just under 6 years, I have found a new appreciation for color and composition in a wide variety of formats where I never really noticed before...books, magazines, commercial web sites, etc.

6.) What other hobbies or talents do you have that you'd like to share with us?
Card making is my primary hobby but I have also dabbled in pencil, charcoal and colored pencil drawing.  I like to sit down with a good book (but haven't done so much recently - too many cards to make LOL) and enjoy spending time outdoors camping and hiking when the weather turns warmer and drier.
(Gosh I like a good book too.)



Thank you Steph for being our 'Thursday's Top Talent'  and sharing such wonderful inspiration with us!

Stephanie’s  Blog: www.stefperry.blogspot.com 

You can also view her gallery on- Splitcoast Stampers-dahlia19


If you want the chance to be part of Top Talent Thursday on Our Creative Corner, then just join in our current Challenge "Party like it's Mardi-Gras"- here  you still have some time to participate.


Smiles:)
Sue.

"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




4 comments:

  1. Steph, you've been a dose of delight to me this morning reading about you and seeing your glorious card! This is just a beautiful combination of Spring elements here. Love that trio of roses and one being in a stunning frame! :)
    Congratulations on being the Thursday Top Talent.
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to know you more through this post. Your creations are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx