Friday, September 18, 2015

Creative Embellishments Spotlight

Hi everyone!

It is Sponsor Spotlight time again here at Our Creative Corner!

Our Sponsor this month is

For this creation I used some of their gorgeous leaf sets...


 With these lovely chipboard items I made this...


Another Autumn creation!!

Yes I know - going a bit mad on seasonal things at the moment!

I made a box by cutting off a segment of triple paper mache frame. I had already dismantled it partially by making another frame - so thought I might as well finish the job. The cut end was easily sealed with a piece of cardboard and then I got to work decorating! First thing was to stick all the leaves in place.
 Then I painted everything with Decoart Gesso. I then painted the box in Decoart media Titan Buff acrylic paint.
I then painted the leaves in a combination of Autumn colours - I used
Pyrrole Orange
Naphthol Red Light
 Quinacridone Gold
 Primary Yellow
 Cadmium Orange Hue
 Green Gold

 
Once these were dry I applied a layer of Crackle glaze. Then when that had dried I covered everything with Raw Umber Antiquing Cream. I wiped this away with a baby wipe and applied a layer of Ultra Matte Varnish


I also wiped some Treasure Gold over the sides of the frame 


I used White Fire Treasure Gold over the leaves. Just randomly wiping them lightly with the gold paste. 


I used Idea-ology Alpha Parts letters to spell out the word 'Autumn' and used the Treasure Gold to colour just the tops of the letters, leaving them black underneath.




I covered the center of the frame with a page from a French dictionary


I filled the frame with a pine cone, piece of bark, twig and brown cheesecloth.


I added two of the ferns that had been painted with Decoart Burnt Umber paint



...and there is my finished Autumn Frame...


Hope you like it!
Why not join in Julia''s challenge this month Shades Of Autumn - You could be the lucky randomly selected winner who will win a $25 voucher to spend at Creative Embellishments
You gotta be in it to win it!
Happy crafting
Laura


10 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous you have textured those leaves beautifully c

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Laura!

    The leaf sets already are gorgeous but you made them look even prettier! Might need some of these! ;)

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Laura, love the crackle on the leaves. Hugs Zjan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful leaves in lovely autumn colours with gorgeous crackle effects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, you captured the feel of autumn perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Autumn feel and I love these crackles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely gorgeous!! Your Autumn leaves are stunning with all of their color and crackle!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Soooo pretty, Laws!! It looks like you plucked these leaves straight from the trees from which they are falling from!! WOW!! They really do look like real leaves!! Cool!! Then, that super cool and beautiful pinecone in the center--WOW!! This piece is full of Autumn flavor and I just love it!! Fab Sponsor Spotlight for CE!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece, very inspiring. Gorgeous colour and texture, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx